Friday, March 17, 2017

Chocolate Chip, Pecan, Coconut Cookies


Do you ever talk to yourself?

I do.  After all, I have the best answer sometimes! ;-)

Case in point...

It was a cold, windy day.

Cookies sounded good.

"What should I make?" I asked myself.


Chocolate Chip
Pecan
Coconut


Yes!
Yes!
Yes!

See, I told you I had the best answer.


Why settle for only one when you can mix them all together?!?!


Chocolate Chip, Pecan, Coconut Cookies

Ingredients
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 stick butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
3/4 cup coconut flakes

Directions
Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Cover two cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
Add the butter and sugars to a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
Add the vanilla and egg.  Beat until incorporated.
Add the flour mixture in increments, beating until well combined.
Stir in the chocolate chips, pecans, and coconut flakes.

Roll the dough into golf ball size balls and put onto cookie sheets, leaving 2 inches between them.
Flatten slightly.
Bake 13 minutes.
Let cool.
Store in an airtight container.


2 comments:

I love to read your comments! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...