Friday, April 21, 2017

Farm Photo Friday (April 21, 2017)



Welcome to Farm Photo Friday at LL Farm!
Lots to share today, so grab a cup of coffee and walk around the farm with me, won't you.

The apple blossoms have made their beautiful appearance.


The sunrise and deer greet me many mornings as I leave the driveway to take my daughter to school.


We are building raised beds for the garden this year.  The construction of the raised beds are completed and filled with dirt.  Onions, lettuce, kale, and spinach have been planted.  We still need to fill in the walkways.  I got this trellis at an auction for a few dollars!  I envision vines meandering up it. 


Red and white onions were planted last weekend and a few are already reaching for the sun.
Oh, how I love Spring onions!


Herbs have been potted for the front porch and back deck.
It's great having them close by for cooking.


It may not look like much, but a lot went into this area...
I walked down a hill, through the creek, selected the rocks, made a pile, climbed up the hill with a few rocks at a time, put them in a wheelbarrow, did it all a few more times, wheeled it through the yard, then measured as I put them in place.  Whew!  Thankfully, the girls did the gravel for me.


The barn kittens are sooooooooo adorable.


I hope to keep the orange tabby!


But even with all the beauty and excitement going on, remember this is real life.
Last night we said good bye to one of our black star chickens.  Something had got a hold of her.  She was severely injured under her wing and couldn't walk.  We nursed her for a few days, but in the end had to make a difficult decision.  As hard as it was, sometimes it is best to end the pain.


Handy Hubby finished the pergola.  I think it's going to be a favorite spot for watching the sunset.
Hopefully it will be stained next week and I can finally show you the completed deck!

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Love your fire pit area. You did a great job and what a wonderful feeling, knowing you made it yourself.
    Sorry about your hen. You have to do what you have to do...
    Those kittens are so sweet.
    Looks like a lot to be thankful for there. Enjoy your Earth Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I priced material from the store to do the fire pit, I really had no choice. ;-) There is always that sense of satisfaction when you do something yourself, as you know. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. Thank you dear Teri! There is so much to do this time of year as everything wakes up from winter hibernation, but I do love it, well most days! ;-) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the walk around your farm. You have been busy!! The kittens are so cute--if I lived there, I would be at your door asking for one. (ha) It will be so nice around your firepit this Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping to keep the orange kitten. I've named it Pumpkin. Yes, spring has us hopping. 😊

      Delete
  4. Me and the grandbaby love the chickens and the baby kittens so cute. Then of course she wants the playdough that's advertised below! great pictures! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only we were a little closer, you could get a kitten for her. 😉

      Delete
  5. Enjoyed seeing the pictures about your farm! Spring has really sprung for you! So sorry about your hen, that is just so hard, my heart breaks to hear it. We love our furred and feathered friends so much! Your deck is so nice, it will be enjoyed much during the year! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...