Thursday, February 1, 2018

Preventing and Treating Frostbite in Chickens


Extremely cold temperatures, wind chills, dampness, moisture, and more...all reasons that frostbite in chickens can occur.  The black spots you see on this chicken's comb is a mild case of frostbite. 

After doing research and talking to other chicken keepers, I think it's safe to say that cold climate chicken keepers will most likely deal with frostbite at one time or another.  This being my first experience, I did lots of research and want to share with you my findings for preventing and treating frostbite in chickens.  Click HERE to read more.




1 comment:

  1. Poor babies, I never thought about chickens frostbite? Interesting!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...