Friday, October 31, 2014

Harvest Tablescape With Meaningful Items

I love to fill my home with items that have a bit of personal history.  



This tablescape is a harvest...items gathered (harvested) throughout the years from many different sources.



The dinner plates and bowls are my every day dishes.  I first bought a service for 4 at a yard sale, then purchased more through e-bay to complete the set.  They are Johann Haviland Blue Garland from Germany. (They deserve a post of their own.)



The salad plates are from a set of dishes that my Mom gave me.  I love the different shades of blue on them.



The tea cups are from the original yard sale purchase.  I love the detail on these.  But to be honest, I like a larger mug to drink my coffee and tea from (wink).



The drinking glasses are from my parents, who got them from a family friend.  They are very delicate (we learned the hard way that they break easily).  Look at the intricate details.  I love the feel of these glasses...such depth.

Filling my home with meaningful things also means that we use them.  I am not a fancy person, saving these for special occasions only, nor do I fill these glasses with fancy drinks.  We drink out of them regularly 'just because'.



The utensils are a mix match...some I purchased, some were gifts, but most I inherited from my grandmother when she passed away.



This orange leaf candy dish is from my Mom.  She used it when I was a little girl.  So we'll call it vintage, not antique (smile).  Do you remember when orange was a popular decorating color?



The pitcher is from a family friend.  It has beautiful colors of autumn that dance perfectly with the blue, that then ties it all together with the blue dishes and place mats.  I used faux foliage in the pitcher.  It gives height to the tablescape.



The orange pumpkin, along with the yellow and green gourds are ceramic.  The small white pumpkins/gourds are from a friend's garden.



Last, but certainly not least, I must show you my two helpers (Ginger and Lily).  I am so used to them being with me and 'helping' me that I did not realize they were in some of the pictures until I uploaded them from my camera.

Sharing at
Thursday Favorite Things
The Scoop
Tweak It Tuesday
Vintage Inspiration Party
Tablescape Thursday
Show and Tell Friday



6 comments:

  1. Had to search for the second cat :-). Your table is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful table setting....cute little cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tablescape is gorgeous! I have the same set of Haviland and I thinks it's a gorgeous set of dishes. I'm popping in from Tablescape Thursday.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping in Shelia and for your comment. I love the delicate blue flowers and silver lining on the Johann Haviland Blue Garland dishes. We use them every day.

      Delete
  4. Lovely table, especially those beautiful dishes. That pitcher is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love how the pitcher has blue in with the traditional fall colors. My cats and I had fun creating the table scape ;-)

      Delete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...