Sunday, January 3, 2016

Easy Chunky Blue Cheese Dip


Do you like blue cheese crumbles?

I  L-O-V-E  blue cheese crumbles...sometimes I eat it right out of the container.  ;-)


I also enjoy a good chunky blue cheese dip, especially with celery.

Celery is good, but come on...it needs a little something with it.

I decided to try my hand at making my own chunky blue cheese dip.

I had everything on hand, so this was a snap to put together.


And, oh sooooo delicious!

The longer the ingredients sit together and get to know each other, the better the flavor.
Even a couple hours in the fridge truly makes the flavor more intense!

I always have light sour cream in my fridge.
Yes, because it's better for you, but the flavor is awesome...it has a zing to it that we love around here.


I hope you give this a try!

Easy Chunky Blue Cheese Dip
1/2 cup light sour cream
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
salt and pepper
1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese

Mix together sour cream and mayonnaise.
Add enough salt and pepper for your taste.  (I like a bit more pepper.)
Stir in blue cheese crumbles.
Store covered in the refrigerator.
It truly gets better as it sits.


Sharing with:
Simply Natural Saturdays
Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
The Art of Home Making Mondays
Our Simple Homestead Blog Hop
Foodie Friday

5 comments:

  1. This sounds wonderful-I'm putting blue cheese on my shopping list. Great way to enjoy the vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori, Happy New Year and thank you for your kind comment on my blog. This dip looks so yummy; it would be perfect to serve on Superbowl Sunday! Have a great week, Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue cheese is one of my favorites. I love dipping my hot wings in a dish of blue cheese. Yum Yum. So glad I found your blog. We have a lot in common.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness this looks so good. I'm going to try it.

    Thanks for sharing on Simple Saturdays.

    Hugs,

    Valerie
    Cottage Making Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! I just need to talk hubby into trying blue cheese!

    Thank you for sharing this week on the Art of Home-Making Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...