I think garlic and ginger should get married and have kids!
The powerful combination is DELICIOUS!
I have made a similar recipe like this on the stove top, but I must say that allowing the beef to become saturated with this enticing sauce while cooking in the crock pot is genius!
I like to use a garlic press for recipes like this. You don't want to bite into chunks of garlic, but you definitely want that garlic flavor.
Recipe for Crock Pot Beef and Broccoli
2 pounds round steak, sliced thin
1 cup beef broth
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon ground ginger
4 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup water
2 bunches fresh broccoli, cut up
- In the insert of the crock pot, whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, olive oil, garlic, and ginger.
- Place beef slices in the liquid, and gently toss to coat.
- Put lid on crock pot and cook on low for 4 hours.
- When meat is done, whisk together cornstarch and water in small bowl. Add to crockpot mixture.
- Gently stir in broccoli.
- Cover with lid and cook for 30 minutes to cook broccoli and thicken sauce.
It taste great with white rice.