As I recuperate from surgery, I wanted to pop in and share a quick recipe with you.
( Thank goodness I had the pictures and recipe loaded.)
It is another easy crock pot meal that needs very little prep, yet delivers on flavor.
Smoked sausage, red taters, and onion all swimming in a beef broth and cheese mixture...YUM!
Cheesy Smoked Sausage and Red Potato Soup
1 package smoked sausage, diced to bite size pieces
7 medium sized red potatoes, rinsed and diced with peelings left on
1 onion, peeled and diced
5 cups chicken broth
1 can (10.5 ounces) cream of celery soup
splash of heavy cream
1 pound of Velveeta cheese spread, diced
- In the crock pot, combine the diced sausage, potatoes, and onion.
- Add the chicken broth and cream of celery soup.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Stir in a splash of cream and the diced Velveeta cheese.
- Replace lid and continue to cook on low until cheese is melted.
Served with some seasoned crunchy bread and you have a scrumptious meal.
Happy Weekend...cold winter weather is coming back next week!
Maybe I'll have a rejuvenating dusting of snow to look at ;-)