Thursday, October 5, 2017

Tomato Pie


What do you do when it's October and you're still harvesting tomatoes?  You make tomato pie.  I used a combination of yellow and red tomatoes for this beauty.



This is a great recipe to use up those last few tomatoes of the season, or any time of year.  I used monterrey jack cheese because that's what I had in the fridge, but feel free to use your favorite cheese for this.  The parsley flakes add great color and flavor to this dish, and is a favorite seasoning I use often in my kitchen.


Easy Tomato Pie

Ingredients:
Single pie crust
4 tomatoes
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 cup monterrey jack cheese, shredded
salt, pepper, dried parsley flakes

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place the pie crust in a pie dish and bake for 5 minutes.
Thinly slice the tomatoes.
Mix together mayonnaise and cheese.

After baking the crust, spread a thin layer of the mayo/cheese mixture.
Place tomato slices on, sprinkling with salt, pepper, and parsley.
Spread another thin layer of mayo/cheese mixture on top.
Place another layer of sliced tomatoes with seasoning.
End with spreading the rest of the mayo/cheese mixture on top.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Let rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lori, this pie looks perfect! What a unique idea to add the mayo. I will try this recipe for sure. Enjoy your day. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my stars, that looks so stinkin' good! And so easy! I'm pinning this one. I think even my hubby would enjoy this (he's not a tomato fan). Thank you for sharing. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to give this one a try, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...