Monday, May 4, 2015

The Grape Arbor

 

Standing under the fullness of the dangling grapes at my Grandparent's house....

Picking one at a time...

Plopping it into my mouth...

Sucking the skin off...

Biting into that juicy plump grape...

Aahhh...a simple childhood memory of mine.


We finished our grape arbor this weekend.

I am a firm believer that things that have a purpose can be pretty too!


We found an awesome deal on this ready to assemble arbor in a box.
All Handy Hubby had to do was screw it together.

Then his carpentry skills took over...


He added lattice to the back.


He added a seat to the middle.

The girls, hubby, and I all jumped in to help paint it!


He added boxed in spaces for the grapes to be planted.
To this we added black weed control fabric for protection and top soil to help them grow.
We added gravel (from another project) for a rustic pretty.


We planted red grapes on each side and white grapes on the back.

One day we will be sitting under the fullness of the dangling grapes...

7 comments:

  1. Oh, how marvelous! Your kids will experience the same memory that you have. Love it.

    We have grapes growing in our garden, but I don't have room for an arbor. I would love to grow them, but just don't have the space.

    Enjoy your lovely arbor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful is your arbor, LL! You all did a fantastic job! What memories this will make for your girls, not just working on it together, but sitting under it reaping their reward! My mother grows red grapes along her backyard fence. She loves it when my girls run out there and pick them, when we go for a visit! I know you all will enjoy your arbor for years to come! ~CB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this--thanks for sharing your sweet memories and pretty arbor! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever idea, your Arbor is beautiful. I hope you update as the vines grow. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful arbor. I have wild vines but no arbor!
    Enjoyed visiting,
    have a great weekend.

    Laura
    I am a new follower-I look forward to visiting more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! So happy you are following along ;-)

      Delete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...