Thursday, April 28, 2016

How To Keep Flowers Upright In A Mason Jar


Don't you just love to have fresh flowers in the house?
Hand picked from the garden, the woods, or even the grocery store...flowers are welcome any time of year.
One of my favorite ways to display them is in vintage blue mason jars.  I have purchased most at yard sales throughout the years.  


Anything looks better in a mason jar, right?
But sometimes because of the length of the stem or even the weight, they need a little help standing upright in the mason jars...



Genius, I tell you...next best thing since sliced bread. ;-)


They fit right on the mason jar.


The band goes on like normal.


Start inserting the flowers in to make a beautiful arrangement.


Fill in as many or as little as you want.


Look how long the stems are!  They are proudly standing upright, not bending over.


I change the water and trim the stems to make the bouquet last longer.
Here I made some longer, some shorter, but still no sagging.


I picked these beauties along the creek bank the other morning.  Decorating with nature and blue mason jars are favorites of mine.

And, just in case you've been living under a rock, like me, here's some links for you to buy the frog inserts.

You can buy them for regular sized jars and wide mouth.  Amazon even sells a set of 4 jars with inserts and bands.

             

   


5 comments:

  1. What a cool idea! I'm a jar lover too. I usually use scotch tape across the top or just let 'em hang! ;0D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea you have shared. And, I love your vintage blue mason jar with the lovely flowers. Wishing you the best, Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius!! I'll have to get me some of those babies!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...