Monday, January 5, 2015

Fresh cedar cuttings

Over the river creek and through the woods to...gather some cedar branches.  I used some cedar branches in my Christmas decor, and loved the look.  They lasted a long time by just changing the water every few days.


So I decided to use some on the mantel for a winter vignette.  



I picked some branches that have little cones on them....they are soooo adorable.  I placed the branches in two vintage blue mason jars on my mantel and put a snowflake ornament on the front.


Flanked by my favorite blue lanterns on each side, the silver candles reflect the little glitz from the snowflake ornament...the closest thing I have to snow right now ;-)


A snowman bucket filled with pine cones in the center.


Simple.  Winter.  Nature.  Rustic.  My kind of style ;-)



18 comments:

  1. You have created a lovely winter display. I wish I had some cedars in my garden. I hope you are keeping warm this winter. Luckily for us here in southern California, our cold temps have disappeared and we once again have warm weather. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were in the 50's last week, teens today...but now snow! I guess I'll just look at the snowflake ornaments and dream ;-)

      Delete
  2. love your pics!!!!! greetings from angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angie. Thanks for your comment...I have been trying to take better pictures ;-)

      Delete

  3. A grandeza dos amigos são como as flores raras: sua magnitude fica para sempre.
    (Cristina Beloni)
    Obrigada por compartilhar comigo este 2º aniversário do blog Algodão Tão Doce !!!!
    Um doce abraço, Marie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...friends are like flowers....I like that quote Marie.

      Delete
  4. Hi there! Your photos are gorgeous! Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for The Liebster Award. Congratulations! You can view details here: http://mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com/2015/01/liebster-award.html#more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cecilia!! Very kind of you. Congratulations to you for the nomination also!

      Delete
  5. Love your branches. Living her in Texas in a neighborhood we do not have an abundance of fabulous trees to gather from. Thank you for sharing at THT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Pamela! I used to live in a subdivision, so I understand not having trees to gather from. Thanks for hosting THT!

      Delete
  6. I love the smell of cedars..what a lovely idea. Stay warm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to bring the outdoors in whenever possible...Stay warm Teresa!

      Delete
  7. Love the lanterns and the bottles filled with cedar is perfect for your Winter décor! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those lanterns...have been incorporating them in all mantel decor. Thanks for the visit Jann!

      Delete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...