Friday, January 30, 2015

Snow pictures from LL Farm


To all who were affected by the blizzard, I hope this finds you safe and well!

We only received a couple inches of snow this time (more to come Sunday).  

I enjoy the routine of going out every morning to feed/water the animals.

It is a great reason to be outside and stretch a little.

Taking deep breaths of fresh air is good for the lungs and refreshes the soul.  

Each day brings different or new sites to see in nature and at times, I am amazed at the beauty that lies within our little farm.

I don't consider myself a photographer by any means, but I do enjoy taking pictures.  Here are some things that captured my interest Friday morning that I want to share and hope you like.

Little pockets of snow on the pine trees.
Looking closely, some resemble cotton, others look like pearls.


I love how the dormers look blanketed with snow.


The weather vane bottom is covered in snow.
The sky is a shield of grey.


A cardinal perches on bare branches.
There is just something about the natural beauty of cardinals.


"Yes, I have been a good girl.  Now give me the bone!"


"Let me just try it first to see how cold it is."
Looking at this, I am reminded of a warm summer day....going swimming, but checking the temperature of the water with my toes first ;-)


Single file.  Easy does it.


"Bread for breakfast...yum."


Proof that the ladies are doing fine in the cold.
The brown eggs nestled in the white snow is a beautiful monochromatic picture. 


Cashmere is sitting and pondering whether she is ready to go out yet.


She didn't hesitate to come out when she saw me heading toward the barn.  She loves her morning hay and food.


Bogo (always the hog) says to Amelia, "Hey, do you have more than me?"

Each day is a gift.  There is always something to be thankful for!




16 comments:

  1. Lori, Your photos are delightful! You did a great job of capturing your animals :) Stay warm! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori, I feel for all of those up North who got the deep snow. Last we we got 3" but it is gone for now. Today it is raining. Chance of snow tonight and tomorrow. Lovely photo's very good job, I love seeing your little farm. Stay warm friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are having a mixture of snow and rain today and expected through tomorrow. Have a blessed day Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, dreamy photos of the snowy farm. Adorable photos of your chickens and animals. We have baby chicks in the barn. They are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Baby chicks are sooo adorable...getting some in a couple months.

      Delete
  5. Seriously, Cashmere is just too adorable!!!! Loved your photos and I find winter a wonderful time. Right now we have received over 7" of snow and much more to come. But I love seeing the beautiful white snow. Were you teasing your dog, he looked like he was going to snatch that bone right out of your hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing the beauty in snow! No, I wasn't teasing the dog, but I told her she couldn't have it until I got a picture ;-)

      Delete

  6. Olá amiga, vim desejar-lhe um abençoado início de mês.
    Amo passear por aqui...fantástica imagens, moro num país tropical, então fico encantada com a neve!!!!
    Doce abraço Marie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie,
      Glad you enjoyed the snow pictures. What is the weather like in Brazil?
      Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  7. Hi LL, Your photos are lovely and I think you are an amazing photographer, that I am shivering over here! My favorite is of your girls checking if it's warm enough to come out! All your animals are cute! I can just feel how soft Cashmere is! Hope it's starts warming up for you. Since the rain has stopped here, I'll send some sun over to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine for your encouraging words! The temperature is actually dropping today, not rising. I actually prefer snow to rain ;-)

      Delete
  8. Snow pictures really are lovely! Especially when an animal is involved. lol! Feeling like Spring here, but we really do need more snow. We'll pay for it this summer if we don't!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jann. I find it interesting to capture the animals in a photo. Our temps are dropping...

      Delete
  9. Those are some wonderful pictures..and sweet friends hanging out in the snow!
    blessings,
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamara. Always good to have some animal friends hanging around :-)

      Delete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...