Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Spinach Salad with Lime Dressing


Don't you just love this time of year, and all the delicious food that accompanies the season?

I'm not just talking about the cookies and pies that seem to appear at every corner...

It's also the time of year that my cooking turns to comfort food...




But, sometimes, a lighter meal is wanted.
...and definitely needed (so says my scales)!
Fresh spinach adorned with blue cheese crumbles and dried cranberries is perfect!

It's light.

It's healthy.

It's delicious.

And, it's pretty!


I made a simple lime dressing to go on top.


I usually make a lemon dressing, but didn't have any on this particular day, so I substituted a lime.
I loved the taste, and will definitely be making it again.


Don't you just love it when you interchange an ingredient and get something spectacular?!?

Extra virgin olive oil, fresh lime juice, salt, and pepper.

That was the finishing touch on this salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...