Monday, June 8, 2015

Citrus Lemonade (lemonade stands to New York City)


I just got back from New York City.  I went with my oldest daughter (and a group of high school choir members).

The itinerary was full...
Broadway shows
911 memorial
Rockefeller Center
Central Park
awesome restaurants
shopping
Statue of Liberty cruise with dinner

Time seems to be flashing by as my daughters grow up...


When I made this citrus lemonade, it brought back a memory that put a quick smile on my face (and a tear in my eye)...

When my girls were little, we lived in a subdivision...the perfect place to have a yard sale.

My Mom and I would arrange a yard sale every year.

And the girls would have a lemonade stand.

Sometimes they would spill the lemonade while trying to pour it...

Sometimes they drank more lemonade than they sold...

Any many times people would give them money without even wanting the lemonade...

They would ring it up on their little pretend cash register and put the money inside the drawer.


Citrus Lemonade is very easy to make, yet the addition of oranges kicks up the flavor a few notches!

Make your favorite lemonade
Fresh squeezed is easy and delicious, but most times I use Country Time for convenience

Add lemon and orange slices

Let them get to know each other for a while in the refrigerator 
(at least a couple hours)

Sip slowly and enjoy your every day life!


Sharing with:

2 comments:

  1. Awww, what a sweet memory. Glad you made it back safe and sound. We love watermelon lemonade. Nothing quite refreshes like homemade lemonade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet story! I love love love lemonade but in a million years I would never have thought to add the orange. I can't wait to try it. I hope you girls had a fun time in NYC!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...