Monday, June 15, 2015

DIY Vintage Blue Mason Jar Soap Dispenser

 

Vintage Blue Mason Jars...

the color...

the texture...

the charm...

I have a couple that my Mom gave me and a couple that I picked up at yard sales.

I don't can food in these, but I use them for decorating.


Did you know that you can buy soap/lotion dispenser kits for regular size mason jars?

Well, yes you can!  I didn't know until recently ;-)

I just bought this last week at Hobby Lobby.  

It was only $4.99, but better yet, I had used a 40% off coupon!


My Mom gave me this smaller vintage blue mason jar a while ago.

It's the perfect size for a soap dispenser.


Assembling the dispenser is quick and easy.
Put the pump through the lid.
Thread the fastener to the pump, finger tightening.
Attach the straw to the base of the pump.
Cut straw if needed.
Use with regular size jar bands.
I used a silver banc because the insert is silver.




I love the shade of blue and the character that this adds to my kitchen sink area.

Thank you so much for stopping by!  Have a fabulous week...
                                                                          - Lori

14 comments:

  1. Very pretty, LL and my favorite color! Have a terrific week!
    hugs, CB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Mason jars go with just about evereything. I wish I could have one by my sink, but it's narrow, and I worry about the glass breaking if it falls. Love your sink too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun project! Love that shade of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing such a great idea. I love the blue color of your vintage jars too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lori, Too cute..thank you for sharing where to buy the pump at. I have one blue quart size jar.
    Will the pump fit well in this size? Have a beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, as long it is not a 'wide mouth jar'. The pump fits regular size.

      Delete
  6. Hi Lori.

    I didn't know that you can buy the kits. I used to cut holes in metal lids with a drill. Collected pumps from shampoo and lotion bottles. My lids became rusted with time.

    Then I bought plastic lids and cut holes in them with a stencil cutter. They work better because they stay clean and rust free. But I can't collect too many pumps because I don't buy shampoo any longer. I make my own.

    Thank you for sharing about the kits. I will look for them at Hobby Lobby.

    Your soap dispensers look very pretty.

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lile the plastic too because of rust issues.

      Delete
  7. I love blue mason jars, and I had no idea that one could buy a soap dispenser kit. What a great idea! xoox Su

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea - super cute - total perfection with your apron front sink! CoCo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea... and I love the blue/green color of the jar. I am your most recent follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know that you could buy those at Hobby Lobby. I actually have two of the soap dispensers that I bought off of Décor Steals. Ones in my basement kitchen and ones in the bath. They weren't a bad price at Décor Steals but I bet yours was even less. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,
    You have really shared the wonderful post, you blog is also very informative. You have done the great research in this topic.

    Stainless Steel Hand Dryers & Soap Dispenser

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good idea! Shame you couldn't save the extra hand soap refill bag but a very clever and simple way to fix up the bathroom! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...