Friday, September 30, 2016

Buckeye Bars


 

Chocolate and peanut butter.
Aahhh!
The delicious combination that is a favorite among many people, me included.

I love the traditional round buckeye, after all I'm from the Buckeye state of Ohio. ;-)
But, I don't like the labor intense process of making buckeyes.

You don't either?
Well, I have a solution for you.
You can enjoy the flavor without the l-o-n-g process of making them...


Ta Da!
I give you buckeye bars.

You make them in a 9x13 dish and cut them into squares.

If you're going to make them for an 'occasion', make sure you mark them so your family won't devour them!


When I recently made these for my daughter's tennis team, I covered them with foil and marked them with a warning wrote in capital letters, 'DO NOT EAT!!'

Here's the easy recipe...


Buckeye Bars

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2 cups graham cracker crumbs (1 sleeve of graham crackers)
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
10 ounces milk chocolate chips
6 tablespoons cooking oil

Soften peanut butter and butter in the microwave.
Stir in graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar.
Mix well.
Pat mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 dish.

Melt chocolate chips in the microwave.
Stir in cooking oil.
Pour over graham cracker crust.
Refrigerate for several hours.
Cut into squares.

Sit back and enjoy the applause that  you will receive!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my! These look good! I will be pinning and making some soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband would love these. He's a Reese's kind of guy. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...