Thursday, July 21, 2016

Homemade Ranch Dressing


My girls love ranch dressing...
so much so that I joke I should buy stock in ranch dressing ;-)

I recently discovered homemade ranch dressing is not only easy to make, but tastes fabulous!

It is so versatile...
With a base of ingredients you can alter it to your taste buds or even what herbs you have on hand.


I love how the herbs add flecks of color in this creamy white dressing. 


Garlic is a favorite of mine, but I don't want to bite into chunks, so I sprinkled the garlic with some salt and smashed it with a fork. 


I like to use light sour cream for the zippy taste that it offers.  
I also use true buttermilk, not 2%.  It adds such flavor!

To make this for your own taste buds, taste it as you go...
adding more herbs and seasoning as desired.


Homemade Ranch Dressing
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
2-3 tablespoons buttermilk
1 clove garlic, mashed (or grated)
salt, pepper
parsley (fresh and dried)
dill
Stir all together.
Taste as you go, adding more flavorful herbs as desired.

By adding less buttermilk (or more mayo and sour cream) this dressing becomes a dip...
Great for dipping those fresh garden veggies in.

2 comments:

  1. I love that all the ingredients are REAL! I only recently tasted ranch, and I have to say, it is so dee-lish! Thanks for the newest recipe in my collection! ;0D

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...