Monday, November 27, 2017

Adventures in Raising Turkeys and Thanksgiving in New York City


Did the title make you turn your head and say "what?!?!?"

It guess it proves that my husband is right... You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl!

While recently traveling home from New York City, I received an e-mail pertaining to my 2015 article about raising turkeys for our holiday meal.  I had to chuckle when I thought about what I had just experienced...Thanksgiving dinner at Hard Rock cafe in New York City!

For the first time in my life, I didn't celebrate Thanksgiving at a family table.  This year we were in New York for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  No homemade food, and certainly no homegrown turkey this year.


We did however have a traditional American Thanksgiving meal of turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans, cranberry sauce, and pie.

It was delicious!  And fun!  YOLO! (You Only Live Once)


You can read about our turkey experience HERE.  It was a challenge, to say the least, raising that turkey for a true farm to table experience.  An adventure that included a crazy turkey and a cow friend.

Life is an adventure...do something today that makes you laugh!

3 comments:

  1. Amazingly fun trip, yes I would trade my traditional Thanksgivng for a trip to NYC. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading about your turkey episode, and how funny that you got to spend this Thanksgiving in the city! I bet it was wonderful seeing the Macy parade too. Truly indeed, life is to be lived!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...