Monday, November 20, 2017

Easy Homemade Applesauce


Making your own applesauce is easy peasy!

Two ingredients are all you truly need.

You don't even need to write this down or print this out...you got this.

Apples and water.  That's it!

Simple, simple, simple...it's my mantra for life...although not always achieved. ;-)


Any type of apple will do, as long as they are firm, not mushy.

If you're feeling like you need some sweetness, add some sugar.

If you crave a little spice in your life, add some cinnamon or another warm spice.

If you are feeling smooth, puree the apples into a smooth sauce.

If you're feeling like you want some depth, mash those babies with a potato masher and enjoy a chunky applesauce.

I have made this from my Mom's 'recipe' many times...you know the one where you 'add some apples and a little water' to a pot.  But for you my friends, I tried to pin down some measurements...

Easy Homemade Applesauce
4 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced.
1/4 to 1/2 cup water (basically enough water to prevent the apples from sticking/burning)
In a sauce pan, combine the apples and water.
Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low, and cook until the apples have softened, 10 to 15 minutes.
Mash with a potato masher, puree in a blender, or blend with an immersion blender, to your desired consistency.
Store any left overs in the fridge.

And, if you are feeling like a domestic queen, make plenty to freeze or home can.

3 comments:

  1. Really? I thought you had to at least add lemon juice or it would turn brown. Wow, so easy! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandchildren love applesauce. I must add cinnamon and a little sugar though. I'll be pinning this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...