Monday, November 30, 2015

Seasoned Crackers


Soup has been on the menu around here a lot lately.

It's the time of year when I am drawn to that section of my recipe repertoire.

A good crunchy bruschetta is always a welcome addition, but the other night I didn't have any crusty bread to make the easy recipe.

So, I improvised...
                             with...
                                     crackers.

Saltines are something I usually keep stocked in the pantry, so I thought I'd give them a try.



I used the same base of olive oil and seasonings to spread on the crackers that I usually do on crusty bread.

The result was delicious!

Something we will be having again and again.

There weren't any left over that night, but I think these would make a great snack to have on hand.
Next time I hope to make extra, and store them in an airtight container.


Here's how I made them:

Seasoned Crackers
In a bowl pour some extra virgin olive oil
To the oil, add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried parsley
Stir
Taste and adjust accordingly
Brush onto both sides of the crackers
Place them on a rack on top of a baking sheet
Bake in a 275 degree Fahrenheit oven for 15 minutes
Enjoy warm or cooled

Sharing with:
Metamorphosis Monday 
Tweak It Tuesday

3 comments:

  1. These crackers would not last long around here either because I would eat them all up by myself !

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative! I'd never thought of doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing---I'm trying this.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...