Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Pumpkin Pie Using Home Made Puree


I froze it so I could make a pie later...

Well, today I thought I'd share with you that...

Yes, it was a success!  (yeah baby)


I made the pumpkin puree into a pumpkin pie that we enjoyed with our Thanksgiving meal.


Here's how I did it:

Home Made Pumpkin Pie

Ingredients:
2  cups pumpkin puree
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Mix all the ingredients together.
Pour into a 9 inch unbaked pie shell.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Reduce heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Bake for 45 - 50 minutes, or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Cool on wire rack.


Just look at the color!


It didn't last long...

2 comments:

  1. It looks so yummy. Too bad I can't grab a slice from my computer screen:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made a pie from homemade pumpkin puree for many years, but a friend just gave me a small pumpkin and I have been thinking that I should make one. Your recipe looks like the perfect one for it! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Thank you for taking the time to leave one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...